New, Supportive, and Affordable!
Independent Senior (55+) Living Apartments in Scarborough, Maine
BESSEY CROSSING is a new, beautiful apartment community on the historic campus of Bessey School, now Bessey Commons, in Scarborough, Maine.
Located in the heart of Scarborough on the Bessey Commons Campus, each of our 40 beautiful apartments are designed for senior residents seeking exceptional accommodations, services and active, independent living.
- Heat & hot water included
- All units are one-bedroom and unit sizes average 640 sq.ft.
- On-call 24 hr maintenance
- Multiple community spaces including: cafe, sun room, media room, card room, library & living room
- Exterior patio
- Laundry on each floor for convenience
- ADA units
- On-campus & off-campus walking opportunities
*Income limits apply.
Bessey Crossing is designed for seniors to live independently. In order to ensure that residents can age-in-place, a service coordinator will be provided to help residents identify and obtain assistance from local community agencies and health facilities.
Find out more!
Have questions? Looking for more information or to set up a visit? Please contact us using the form below. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Bessey Crossing opened in the Spring of 2021 on the historic campus of Bessey School, now known as Bessey Commons.
Those who live in Scarborough appreciate this diverse community that has a commitment to quality of life and the environment. Scarborough is popular because it is located with convenient access to historic Portland, an easy drive to Boston and has great access to the airport, highways and beaches.
This convenient location also offers access to the Maine Turnpike, Portland Jetport and rail service to Boston and points south. Scarborough also offers lovely accessible sandy beaches and the rocky coastline in addition to its open spaces, land conservation parks and recreational areas.
- Bessey Square, adjacent to Bessey Commons, has a coffee shop, Scarborough Grounds, a hair salon, Gallery Hair Design and a restaurant, O’Reilly’s Cure.
- The Scarborough Village Square is a new development within a half mile that has been recently approved and will house a variety of retail spaces as well including Walmart Supercenter, Lowes, and Grander Mountain (a sporting goods/outdoor recreational store).
- Oak Hill Plaza is less than a half mile from Bessey Commons. Located in the plaza there are banks, a hardware store, a beauty salon, and a barber shop.
- The Hannaford Shopping Center is located 5/8 of a mile from Bessey Commons and includes a Hannaford Brothers grocery store, pharmacy, Hallmark store, and other retail shops.
There are opportunities for employment at local retail stores, the Maine Veterans Home, five branch banks, a variety of restaurants, as well as professional offices such as doctors, dentists, accountants, and lawyers within a half mile of Bessey Commons.
- The Scarborough Town Park is located directly across the street, where concerts and special activities for seniors are hosted each week in the summer
- Scarborough Beaches
- Springbrook Park
- Memorial Park at Oak Hill
- Scarborough Eastern Trail
- Ice Rink
- Jennnie & Isaac E. Wiley Recreation Area
- Scarborough River Wildlife Sanctuary
Currently, the Biddeford-Saco Shuttle Bus provides eight round trip fixed-route transit runs Monday through Friday and four on Saturday from Biddeford-Saco and Old Orchard Beach to downtown Portland via Route 1. The Shuttle makes scheduled stops at Pine Point-West Grand, Dunstan Corner, and Oak Hill. The Shuttle operates a fleet of five buses, with four in regular service and one kept as a spare.
The Scarborough High School is located across the street from Bessey Commons and hosts concerts, plays and dance performances in the Winslow Homer Auditorium.
Professionally Managed by:
Stewart Property Management, Inc. is a full service management company located in Bedford, NH that currently manages over 110 properties located in New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts.
Contact Bessey Crossing
Send us a message!
Developed by Housing Initiatives of New England Corporation
Striving to provide the best quality in Senior Living.